Frequently Asked Questions
- I’m interested in a mission trip/volunteering with 147 Million Orphans, how do I sign up?
While we do not offer any volunteer opportunities year round, our official mission trip dates are released in mid-January via our social media accounts and they occur during the summer. Trip costs will be near the $3000 range and space is very limited! Space is secured for the trip with a $500 deposit once dates are released in January.
- I’m interested in fundraising for 147 Million Orphans, how can I help?
If you’re interested in coordinating a fundraiser at your school, business, community group, church, sorority, etc., for our organization that would be wonderful! We would encourage you to look to your collective gifts and talents; bake sales, car washes, t-shirt sales are great ways to fundraise.
We accept donations on our website 147millionorphans.org.
- I’m interested in adopting, can you direct me?
Adoption is a wonderful blessing. Many of us here have children adopted from various countries. The process varies depending on where you are adopting from, so we encourage you to contact a reputable adoption agency when you are ready to begin that journey.
- Do you offer internship opportunities?
While we do not have any internship opportunities right now, we have several ways for you to be involved and encourage you to spread our story! Spreading our story to your family, friends, and loved ones is a great way to help.
Social Media is a great way to create awareness; #Love1 #147Uganda
Our book, One: Impossible Starts Here can be found here: http://a.co/7ZSENiY
Fundraising, mission trips, and donations are also helpful.
- What percentage of my donation goes to 147 Million Orphans?
All of this information can be found on GuideStar.org
- I’m doing research on non-for-profits or how to start a ministry, can you offer any information or guidance?
Absolutely! We’ve written a book about our journey called One: Impossible Starts Here. It can be found on amazon here: http://a.co/7ZSENiY
- I’m passionate about the work you do, do you have any job opportunities?
We are a volunteer based organization at this time, but we encourage you to visit our website on the ‘Get Involved’ tab for ways to be involved.
- I’m interested in donating items, what do you need and where can I send them?
Over the counter medications bandages, school supplies, new solid color backpack, diapers, toothbrushes, feminine products, sheets, blankets are always in need. You can mail them to:
147 Million Orphans
PO Box 2929
Brentwood, TN 37024